This policy shall apply to:
1) Adult members who have regular contact with amateur athletes who are minors
2) An adult authorized by a Covered Organization to have regular contact with or authority over an amateur athlete who is a minor
3) Staff and board members at a Covered Organization
(collectively, Participating Adults).
When only one Participating Adult and one minor athlete travel to a competition, the minor athlete must have his/her legal guardian’s written permission in advance and for each competition to travel alone with the Participating Adult.
Participating Adults shall not share a hotel room or other sleeping arrangement with a minor athlete (unless the Participating Adult is the legal guardian, sibling, or is otherwise related to the minor athlete).
• Meetings shall be conducted consistent with the organization’s policy for one-on-one interactions – i.e., any such meeting shall be observable and interruptible.
• Meetings shall not be conducted in a hotel room.
• Participating Adults who travel with the organization must successfully pass a criminal background check and other screening requirements consistent with the organization’s policies.
• During team travel, when doing room checks, attending team meetings and/or other activities, two-deep leadership and observable and interruptible environments should be maintained.
• Parents/legal guardians receive education concerning child abuse prevention before providing consent for their minor to travel alone with a Participating Adult.