Local travel consists of travel to training, practice, and competition that occurs locally and does not include coordinated overnight stay(s).
This policy shall apply to:
1) Adult members who have regular contact with amateur athletes who are minors
2) An adult authorized by a Covered Organization to have regular contact with or authority over an amateur athlete who is a minor
3) Staff and board members at a Covered Organization
(collectively, Participating Adults).
• The organization does not arrange for local travel.
• Participating Adults who are not also acting as a legal guardian, shall not ride in a vehicle alone with an unrelated athlete who is a minor, absent emergency circumstances, and may only drive with at least two other minor athletes or another adult at all times, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the minor athlete’s parent/legal guardian in advance of each local travel.
Shared or Carpool Travel Arrangement
• We encourage parents/legal guardians to pick up their minor athlete first and drop off their minor athlete last in any shared or carpool travel arrangement.
• Parents/legal guardians receive education concerning child abuse prevention before providing consent for their minor to travel alone with a Participating Adult.