1) Adults at a facility under the jurisdiction of a Covered Organization
2) Adult members who have regular contact with amateur athletes who are minors
3) An adult authorized by a Covered Organization to have regular contact with or authority over an amateur athlete who is a minor
4) Staff and board members of a Covered Organization
(collectively, Participating Adults).
Background Checks and Certifications
Participating Adults who volunteer with the organization must successfully pass a criminal background check and other screening requirements consistent with the organization’s policies, to include SafeSport and concussion training.
BUSC Contact for Any Concerns Relating to Child Protection
• Having a primary and secondarly point of contact within the club for all Child Protection concerns is intended to ensure that numerous concerns are heard and noted from a broad perspective.
• The club's primary contact for any concern's is Club President, John Camp (email@example.com, (937) 838-2131)
• The club's secondary contact for any concern's is Club Vice President, Kyleigh Denson (firstname.lastname@example.org, (937) 751-4323)
• All Participating Adults are mandatory reporters and must report if they know or have reasonable cause to suspect, or a reasonable person in a similar position would suspect, that an amateur athlete under 18 years of age has suffered abuse.
• Must report suspicion of abuse to local authorities within 24 hours.
• Must also report to the U.S. Center for Safe Sport.
Conditional disqualifications are those disqualifications that are for an individual who have been arrested for and/or charged with a crime in a court of law or who the BUSC Board has a reasonable belief is being investigated by a law enforcement agency and that if found guilty of that crime would be cause for a state mandated disqualification. If the criminal charge is subsequently dropped or if the BUSC Board has a reasonable belief that the investigation is closed or lacked merit, the conditional disqualification shall be promptly rescinded and the individual shall be allowed to return to service with BUSC. In such situations, a decision not allow the individual to return to service may be appealed according to BUSC Bylaws.